Since receiving this I’ve been so excited to do my post but I’ve had to delay it because of the student life. But finally I have time!!! Whoop yeah yeah!
I’ve been nominated by Giselle from Hardwork Boulevard for the Book Fangirling Blog Award, thanks so much!
- Create a post to accept your award.
- Add the blog award button into your post and put it on the side of your blog as a widget. Visit fangirling for the award button.
- Answer the questions I have below.
- Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think also deserve this award.
- Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees.
- WHAT BOOK DID EVERYONE LIKE AND YOU HATED?
I love the film adaptation and have watched the movie more than a dozen times, but I was severely disappointed by the book. I also really hate the cover.
2. BOOK/S THAT PUT YOU IN A RIDICULOUS READING SLUMP
If I Stay by Gale Forman.
I really enjoyed the book itself, check out my review here, but after finishing the book I was still thinking about the subject matter a while after putting it down. So my reading slump was ridiculous because I enjoyed the book but it haunted me afterwards preventing me from being in the right frame of mind to read anything else.
3. NAME A BOOK YOU WISH MORE PEOPLE KNEW ABOUT.
Shirley, Goodness and Mercy by Chris van Wyk
This is my favourite memoir about the memories of growing up as a child in Apartheid South Africa. This memoir captures the innocence of childhood and simultaneously captures the violence, hatred and racial difference in the country. Also the memoir is a compilation of prose and poetry, my favourite narrative style.
4. NAME A BOOK/S YOU WISH TURNED INTO A MOVIE.
Easy, every YA book I’ve ever read. But if I had to choose one then Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.
I fangirl’d over Fangirl for a really long time, read about me gushing about the book over here, and seeing Cath and Levi come to life would be a really amazing experience.
5. FAVORITE BOOKTUBER/S
The first is Laura from LovelyLikeLaura
And the second is Christine from polandbananasBOOKS
Abdeah from Under the Midnight Sky
Cassidy from The Little Book Cottage
Sylvia from A Suitecase Full of Books
Kim from The Spines Breaker
I really enjoyed answering Giselle’s questions, and am curious what your answers would be to those questions, so consider her questions my questions 🙂